Monday, January 24, 2011

The first post.

At the suggestion of my wife I have started to blog. I have no idea where this will go other than to say I will blog as often as I feel I have something to say. So, lets get started. 

 On January 4th of 2010 I began a physical and spiritual journey that started with a goal of losing 60 pounds in a year. In 10 months I had far exceeded my goals and had lost 101 lbs. I could not have done this alone I had many people praying for me, holding me accountable and encouraging me and to them all I am so thankful to have them in my life. As important as these people were and are to me and this process even more important is the fact that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was with me every step of the way. I had tried to lose weight before never with very much success this time however I did something a little bit different. Instead of asking the Lord to help me lose the weight I asked him to give me the strength to make the right choices. In doing that he showed me his power in not only giving me the strength and encouragement to meet my goal but to surpass it by more than half. He reminded me that his power is there all we have to do is ask and his grace will be given in amounts that are beyond our reasoning. He reminded me that we not only need to come to him with the big things but perhaps more importantly the small things also. As I continue to post I will get into this journey back to health some more. 

  I thought I needed to explain the the title of my blog. It is called "The Haggis" primarily because I am of Scot descent. Haggis is a traditional Scottish dish cooked in a sheep's stomach. Yummm   I have recently became very interested in my Scot-Irish heritage and will talk about that more in upcoming post. That's it for now. Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment