Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Lazy Sunday

 This week has been a busy week, the weather was lousy most of the week to the point that Tuesday I was stuck in the middle of the road in Roscommon in a semi. I couldn't move forward or backward and after using 50 lbs of salt (to no avail) I had to get a wrecker to get me moving.In almost 20 years of driving it is only the second time I have needed a wrecker and if I can't get it moving with 50 lbs of salt you know it is bad out. Sean had a wrestling tournament on Friday and he wound up 2-2. I don't think he was very happy with the way he wrestled he seemed pretty frustrated afterwards. He did some things really well and in one match the kid he was wrestling just wound up with a fluke win sometimes that happens in wrestling when you are doing everything right and the kid you are wrestling just happens to get a quick pin call from a ref. The coaches and I still can't figure out how the kid reversed Sean the way he did. I'm not sure who was more surprised Sean or the kid he wrestled. The other thing he had going against him is that he was wrestling kids bigger than him ( in a round robin tourney they match the kids up in groups of 4 or 5 according to weight and Sean wound up in a group where 2 of the kids outweighed by about 25 lbs and that makes a huge difference. overall this has been his best year yet.

  In other news on the 25th of this month it is Robert Burns 253rd birthday he was the national poet of Scotland and in honor of his birth I will post some of his poetry on here Wed even if you haven't read Burns you have heard his poetry before he wrote Auld Lang Syne along with many other great poems. Other than that I have started to prepare for the Highland Games season that is coming up I am already signed up for Alma this year over Memorial Day weekend. That is the same weekend as the Masters World Championships in Greenville SC. I feel a special affinity for Alma as it was my first games ever last year and I appreciate Holly taking a chance on me. I am looking forward improving my finish this year I'm hoping for a top 5 finish but with the Masters Worlds that same weekend  I don't really know who is going to be there. I do know several of the guys I normally throw against are planning to go to MWC so I may be throwing against a whole different group of people than I normally do. As for training I am going to cut back on my Wed workouts and just do light weight training and focus more on cardio and flexibility and get prepared to start throwing as soon as the snow is gone. Well that's it for now gotta get ready for the AFC and NFC championship games. My picks are New England and San Francisco. I would love Jim Harbaugh to get to the Superbowl in his first year as an NFL head coach.

                                                                                                          God Bless, Jay

1 comment:

  1. Yay on getting ready for the games! :) I'll bet that's exciting for you.

    Glad Sean had a good tourney. He seems to be having a good year. Good on him, as my Aussie friends would say.

    ReplyDelete