Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Morning

Well after snowpocalypse 2011 I am getting ready to head into work. Due to the storm they shut down the freight system Tuesday night and Wednesday. Good news is because I didn't work yesterday I was able to go watch the wrestling team capture their 5th or 6th straight conference wrestling title against Traverse City West High School. Sean had a tough day yesterday but Tuesday night he had a great night beating a kid from Mancelona and pinning a kid from Elk Rapids. His matches are done for the season unless he winds up bumping up to varsity for a match during team districts next week. He improved so much over the season, he is technically a better wrestler than I ever was and that killer instinct and confidence in his own abilities is starting to show itself. I think he will be very successful on the mat over the next couple of years. Even if he isn't I couldn't have asked for a better son. He is smart, thoughtful and kind to others what more can a dad ask for?
  
      On another note we are going to be studying the letters to the churches in chapters 2 and 3 of the Book of Revelation in Sunday school over the next couple of weeks. Once again God has proven one of my favorite sayings "You want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." Just 2 weeks ago I said to the adult Sunday school class I lead that I didn't feel comfortable leading a study on that book of the Bible. Well apparently God thought that this would be a good time to take me out of my comfort zone so here we go. I know with prayer and study he will lead me through it and I will be all the better for it and he will get the glory. 

                                                       Gotta go  God Bless,

                                                                                     Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment